1) Why have a gala? Grace Lutheran Church is a source of significant support for Grace Christian Academy by providing classroom space and services. Without this support, GCA could not offer such low tuition rates as compared to other area private schools. Though tuition covers many of the physical needs of the school, there remains a gap between tuition and the actual cost to educate a scholar. And because of their extraordinary outreach to help others, Grace Christian Academy provides tuition assistance to many families for whom a Christian education might be out of reach. The gala will be a fun opportunity for those who support Christian education to get together and show that support.
2) Will discounted tickets be available? Unfortunately, no. Because the gala is a fundraiser, a portion of ticket sales goes directly to the school. We are depending on the proceeds from ticket sales so we can continue to serve children in our community with a great, Bible-based education.
3) Is the cost of my ticket tax deductible? Because you are receiving goods and services (i.e. a great meal, drinks and entertainment) your ticket cost is not tax deductible.
4) How can I be a sponsor? A number of sponsorship opportunities at varying levels are available. Please contact us.
5) What kind of items will be available at the silent auction? A list of items can be found on our website here. Check back - new items are being added daily!
6) Who is Michael Botts? Michael Botts and his wife, Susana, are the parents of four Grace Christian Academy graduates. Michael is a motivational speaker and life coach. He's also our emcee for the evening!
7) Who is Sally Lloyd-Jones? Sally is a critically acclaimed, best-selling children's author. She is best known for the Jesus Storybook Bible, a favorite with Grace Christian Academy scholars!
8) I can’t make it to the gala, but I’d still like to support Christian education at Grace. Thanks! You can make a tax-deductible donation through our website, or please mail your check, made payable to the Grace Christian Academy Foundation, to GCAF, Attn: Gala, 3233 Annandale Road, Falls Church VA 22042.
9) Can I participate in the silent auction if I cannot attend the Gala? Unfortunately, the silent auction is a benefit only available to Gala attendees. We are unable to accept remote bids. Payment for auction items can be made by credit card, check or cash at the gala.
10) Where will the Gala be held? The Gala will be held at the beautiful McLean Hilton, located at 7920 Jones Branch Drive inTysons Corner.
11) We’d like to make a night of it! Are discounted rooms available at the McLean Hilton? Yes! The hotel has set aside a few rooms at a special rate which can be reserved online soon.
12) Can I donate items to the silent auction? Maybe next year! We have been blessed with many wonderful donations this year. You can see a few here.
13) What should I wear? Cocktail attire would be perfect!